Biotechnology 4313

Course Objectives

The course will provide students with an introduction to the fundamental methods of biotechnology. The emphasis will be on problem-solving based on these methods, and the reporting of results.

Course Description

Extraction of DNA from blood and hair
PCR set up and optimalization
Sequencing and fragment analysis


Learning Methods

80 hours of laboratory exercises and lessons in laboratory techniques.

Assessment Methods

Laboratory reports counts for 40% of the final grade, and a 3-hour written final exam counts for the other 60% of the final grade.

Minor adjustments may occur during the academic year, subject to the decision of the Dean

Publisert av / forfatter Mona Sæbø <>, last modified Anette Norheim Fredly - 14/06/2010